This stunning area, surrounded by both the Magaliesburg and Witwatersrand mountain ranges, provides an inspired backdrop for the exchange of vows. If you’re considering tying the knot in this area, then here are five really superb wedding venue options.
5 of the Best Magaliesburg Wedding Venues
- Askari Game Lodge & Spa
This four-star bush haven is just over an hour from Pretoria. This Magaliesburg Wedding Venue offers a unique wedding experience with Big 5 wildlife experience. One of its numerous venue options is the magical Forest Venue, surrounded by lush forest, a hippo dam and simple, wooden benches for creative decor. There is also the Akira Wedding Venue at the day visitors’ centre which overlooks the Magaliesburg mountain range, as well as the Lapa, overlooking the Elephant Dam with a fireplace suited to boma-type weddings. All wedding venues are a short walk from the beautiful thatch-roof chapel and bell tower built in an 1800s style.
- Capacity: There is a 120-seater chapel, the Akira Wedding Venue which accommodates up to 150 guests or the Lapa which accommodates up to 40.
- Venue Hire Cost: Ranges depending on what extras are needed. The website offers a very nice step-by-step venue hire estimation link.
- Accommodation: There are 40 suites including family units; garden suites and cottages; standard, family, deluxe and executive chalets and a honeymoon suite.
- Warthog’s Bush Camp
If you’re looking for a pet-friendly Magaliesburg wedding option then Warthog’s Bush Camp is a really great choice. Furry friends are welcome to join in the celebrations under the trees for a truly rustic, outdoor wedding occasion. When it comes to wedding venues, there is the beehive thatched dome suited to smaller weddings and the gazebo in the centre of the bush camp for garden-style weddings. This venue falls under the ownership of Askari Game Lodge which means facilities and accommodation can be shared.
- Capacity: Suited to smaller weddings of up to 40 people.
- Venue Hire Cost: Venue hire of R12 000 including accommodation (10 chalets).
- Accommodation: 10 chalets as well as a caravan and tented camp site.
- Black Horse Country Estate
The Black Horse Banquet Hall overlooks the Zeekoeihoek Valley and lush green meadows home to black horses, with the interior glass pane offering a view of the Black Horse Brewery & Distillery. Large glass doors allow the hall to be opened completely and the story-high sliding steel door provides an enchanted entrance. The stunning Black Horse Brookside Chapel onsite seats 150 guests on large, wooden trusses with the large, glass windows and a romantic fireplace making this an ideal place for nuptials. All of this is less than an hour’s drive from Johannesburg, one of the must see Magaliesburg wedding venues.
- Capacity: Up to 150 guests.
- Venue Hire Cost: About R46 000
- Accommodation: Sleeps 20 in total. Fourteen in The Guest House, with two cottages and a honeymoon suite.
- De Hoek Country Hotel
For exclusive, intimate country weddings, then this is the perfect Magaliesburg wedding venue. Ceremonies are hosted in the lovely, manicured gardens with the reception taking place in either The Foundation Room, The Bridge Bistro, The Garden Pavillion or even a special night-time wedding under the stars. The site offers every wedding style, including vintage, modern, country garden or traditional…anything to suit the bridal parties needs.
- Capacity: Maximum of 80 guests.
- Venue Hire Cost: Up to R28 000.
- Accommodation: The hotel has 12 Classic Superior suites, 4 Classic Superior Suites with a gas fireplace, 10 Deluxe Suites and 2 Penthouse Suites as options for accommodation.
- River Lodge Farm
The Barn is a unique wedding venue at River Lodge Farm – once a working sheep farm – set on the banks of the Crocodile River. This stunning Magaliesburg wedding venue is conveniently located for access to Lanseria Airport, Hartebeespoort Dam and the Cradle of Humankind.
- Capacity: Maximum of 120 people.
- Venue Hire Cost: R20 178
- Accommodation: Three self-catering units.
Read More: 5 Muldersdrift Wedding Venues
If you’re looking for a wedding venue that is unique, why not try an area out of Magaliesburg, such as Parys. If you’re looking for the perfect country wedding venue then The Nutcracker Country Wedding Venue is the perfect location. This is an exquisite tranquil weekend wedding venue situated on the banks of the Vaal River, 90 minutes from Johannesburg. Offering all that is needed for the perfect wedding, The Nutcracker is for the exclusive use of the bride and groom and their guests for the entire weekend. Contact The Nutcracker today for rates and availability.