Instead of lavish destination weddings or over-done wine farm weddings, residents of Gauteng are ever increasingly choosing to stay local and utilise the exquisite wedding venues available on their front doorsteps. The practicality, proximity to an international airport and sheer variety makes Gauteng, as well as the the Free State and surrounds the perfect place to host your wedding. The two most popular choices are undoubtedly Muldersdrift Wedding Venues and more recently Parys Wedding Venues.
So we have decided to compare the two to see who comes out tops:
Muldersdrift Wedding Venues
- 39 minute drive from Johannesburg (Sandton)
- 42 minute drive from Pretoria
- In excess of 20 beautiful Muldersdrift wedding venues to choose from
- Many service providers such as photographers, make-up artists and event coordinators from Johannesburg are very familiar with most of the Muldersdrift Wedding Venues, so they can give you great hints and tips for your Big Day.
- Many Muldersdrift Wedding Venues are tried and tested which means the service and reception should be slick and practiced.
- There are many Muldersdrift Wedding Venues where you are one of 2 or 3 bridal couples hosting your wedding on the same day, at the same venue.
- Some of these wedding venues are booked out years in advance especially around peak seasons so it’s hard to find a date that’s available.
Pros = 5
Cons = 2
Parys Wedding Venues
- There are a few boutique wedding venues in Parys which are absolute hidden gems and which you and your guests are bound to fall in love with.
- 90 minute drive from Johannesburg (Sandton)
- Unique and different
- Some wedding venues in Parys are still working farms which allows for a beautifully genuine wedding experience. You may also be able to use the growing produce at your wedding.
- Some Parys Wedding Venues are situated on the banks of the Vaal River such as The Nutcracker which allows for beautiful photographs and views.
- There are many great tourist attractions in Parys town such as the suspension bridge, which was built in 1918 and the Town Hall. Parys is also situated in the Vredefort Dome World Heritage Site, where bird, animal and nature lovers can enjoy hours of hiking and site seeing.
- 2 hour drive from Pretoria
- Not many wedding venues are situated in Parys so it’s important to do your research early and book one as soon as you know your dates, in order to avoid not securing one in time.
Pros = 6
Cons = 2
This means that Parys Wedding Venues win, making Parys the perfect location to host your Wedding. Read more about Parys as an Unexpected Wedding Venue here.